Monday, December 29, 2008

The New Jerusalem


Strange things are happening lately.
About a year ago I was in a time travel experience, suddenly finding myself about 100 miles from where I was just moments earlier.
This time (...) it seems to be a timewarp back in time, in an altogether different way ...

It all started with the famous "shoe incident" with president Bush. :-) A friend of mine was enthusiastically playing all the games online and said he regretted I did not have the "whack-a-toothanimal" online any more, one of his favorites! :-)
This was a game I created years ago as part of the Happy Smile Project, an oral health promotion project that also had a website with, apart from tons of information on oral health, games and fun stuff for children ...
So I started to think it would be nice to make all this information available again and completely restyle and update the website ... plunging me back in time ten years, when I used to be a pediatric dentist in the Middle East.

And through some sort of bizarre leap of fate, I had decided a couple of weeks before Christmas to put up a featured homepage for peace for Palestine. Little did I know it was going to be such a mess again!

So, ten years later, I find myself once again involved in dentistry and back to demonstrate for Palestine.
I am so upset with all the news coming from Gaza that this morning I decided to read a bit in the bible (yes, indeed! ...:-)))) and got to the revelations of John (I think, I have a Dutch version ...) about the New Jerusalem. And I read about the diamond walls, the beautiful crystals, and all the angels ... there be no nights no more, just light ...

I was in Jerusalem (and Gaza) in 2000, just before the second Intifadah started ... I have never been in such a horrible place as Jerusalem, it is filled with hate and has blood all over. Maybe that is because I am very sensitive to energies of places. I can oftentimes see and feel what has happened somewhere, sometimes long ago ...

A lot of Palestinians are Christian, I hope that within all these difficult times, they are able to keep the focus on the light and see what John saw ... times of beauty and peace ...
I keep doing distance healings for the Palestinian people and hope if you are a healer reading this, you do too ...

Art:
The Madonna by Anne Vis.

2 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Lovely Madonna today. Staying focused on light and diamond walls is a tall order given current events.

drgngirl said...

I read a book by Bruce Feiler, Where God was Born, recently that taught me a lot about the faiths have gone through. I always prayer that the factions there in and around Jerusalem can find peace and live together without war.