Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Standing up for yourself

Lately it looks like I am becoming a full-time protester, whether I like it or not.
Yesterday I was for the third time at a board meeting with the local government. I live in an old house on one of Amsterdam's beautiful canals and one of the local project developers wants to tear down the houses on the other side of the canal to build something else that generates more money. As the neighborhood started to get upset and mobilized people in the street, I got involved and found that there is such a nasty obstruction of justice by corrupt and completely uncapable government managers. And again I find myself unable to sit and watch it happen ...

I wonder if it is just Pluto or whether it has something to do with the Reconnection ... I find that I am constantly in situations that require me standing up for myself (and others). We (a group of neighbors and myself) have just had a huge fight with the housing corporation mentioned above over my abusive neighbor, who used to terrorize the entire neighborhood.
Needless to say this has been a nasty war for the last couple of months, finally culminating in my neighbor moving out yesterday ... Thank God!!!
I can't say how happy I am that I will finally be able to sleep at night ...

... And waking up, find myself thinking that I wished the Palestinian people would also wake up in a nice and safe warm bed ... would also be able to have a shower and a good breakfast ... Actually I am thinking things like that all day ... being grateful for what I have and at the same time being very aware of what others are lacking ... Doing as often as I can distance healing for the people of Palestine ...

So the latest developments have been very predictable. An attack at the UN, who is surprised ... The UN, people, that is us - a brutal attack on all people of the world! For those of you who support the israeli terrorists: they have just let you know that they do not care what you think, so you might as well stop your support and choose for instance ... peace? :-)
To update your history knowledge, here is an
article worth reading.

In New Age circles there is finally some reaction and I want to mention
Celia Fenn's article on the Middle East. She talks about the holographic inserts that I also mentioned in my blog after the Obama election.
If it really is an insert, I wonder if that works the same way as the CNN insert: that it may happen as truth in some other place? Anyway, for now it is pretty clear that it is nowhere near enough to keep "dreaming", the Palestinian people need help NOW, what do I say, can it be retrofitted to some 70 years back please ...

Art: The temple of Truth by Anne Vis (sorry, site seems to be down at the moment of posting this article, hopefull back online soon!)

7 comments:

Pienovski said...

"Actually I am thinking things like that all day ... being grateful for what I have and at the same time being very aware of what others are lacking ... Doing as often as I can distance healing for the people of Palestine ..."

Very insightful post, loved the image as well!

Boise Diva said...

It's interesting that the disruption in your own world has found one spot of peace. I hope it grows.

roentarre said...

Your art is sooo beautiful

Lynda Lehmann said...

I feel like that all the time, Anne. Aware of my blessings and yet aware of the incredible suffering all over the world.

So much poverty, ignorance, disease, corruption, greed, war... One could go on and on.

As for the Palestinians, they need peace and all the comforts they can get. Having a state would help quite a bit. But I don't fault Israel for trying to defend itself, when the bombs have been dropping on them for months.

As for your nasty neighbor, I'm happy for you that he or she is now GONE!

Wishing you peace of mind and some good sleep...

Dragonfly said...

My thoughts are often triggered during the day and directed to the Palestinians, particularly in Gaza but once again the West Bank images disturb me also. Good to see that protesting is taking place in your country.

Anne, love your artwork. Created with photography and computer graphic effects?

Abraham Lincoln said...

Nice blog post.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

nobu said...

It is a fantastic image.