Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Ascendant

A Woman's Heart - by Anne VisOn Thursday night Jodie Forrest was speaking at the San Francisco Astrological Society. She wrote several books, her latest being on the ascendant.
It is always nice to get more perspectives on any aspect of the astrological chart, I find. Jodie Forrest presented some metaphors and visual narratives about what the ascendant is about. It illustrated the tools someone has to operate in the world. It helps to imagine what it feels like to have a Sun in Aries and then have the physical vehicle of Pisces to work with (for example) ...

Another interesting thing that she mentioned was how Mars returns may affect the way you look at yourself. Mars is the general ruler of the first house. So every two years it may be necessary to adjust the way you express yourself. Are you coming on too strongly or do you need to assert yourself more? Do you need to add more color to your outfits? Etc. I don't know if that would actually work this way as I have never tested this out. I guess I am lazy in this respect and usually only look at my horoscope after something "spectacular" happens ... just to check out what is going on in my horoscope ...

I haven't bought her book (yet), but it looked interestingly enough.
As a speaker I was not impressed with Jodie Forrest (maybe she did not have her day ...) but she sure knows her stuff ...

Art: A Woman's Heart - by Anne Vis

3 comments:

Healingstones said...

I love your artworks. It is interesting about the ascendant - I have always wondered what mine is, since my parents cannot remember the time I was born... Frustrating!!

Sandy said...

What a gorgeous image. At first I thought you were talking about Jody Foster and I'm thinking I didn't know she was into astrology.

I use to study numerology but never tackled figuring astrology out, it always seem so complicaed.

I'm still trying to figure out how to bookmark you. Unless I come through your comment (hot link on your name), I can't find you. On my blogroll it still shows up as blog not found. I'm wondering if other people have this problem.

nobu said...

It is a lovely and funny image!!