Sunday, March 8, 2009

Orthokeratology

Inspiration - by Anne Vis
Recently I started working with an optometrist to improve my distant vision.
Orthokeratology works with lenses that are worn during the night while you sleep. They reshape the eyeball so that the light is refracted in a different way in your eye.
Apart from that there is an exercise program as well as additional vitamins that enhance the health of the eyes.

So far I have only started the lenses for the night. Having never worn lenses, it turned out to be quite an adventure to get them out the first time. It took me quite a while, but happily my friend had a plunger and put up one foot on my chest ... well, you get the picture! :-)
My eyesight has already improved for more than 50% and I have only been wearing the lenses for a few nights, not started on the exercises yet.

I had tried several different alternative healing methods before embarking on this path, but none of them gave any noticeable improvement.
I have the impression that working on the computer a lot is deteriorating eye sight, even though an eye doctor a few years ago insisted that is not possible ...
Wonder what your experiences are?

I hope to also work with Theta healing on my eyes in the near future, will keep you posted ... :-)

Artwork:
Inspiration - by Anne Vis

11 comments:

Lynda Lehmann said...

I've heard of this kind of therapy from my sister, Anne. I'm glad it's working for you!

Our daughter is very near-sighted and I wish there were a way for her to improve her far vision, with a similar technique.

Just image how improved you'll be if you keep up with it!

Nancy said...

This is very interesting. My eyes are really changing - I'm at "that" age.

Thanks for visiting Le Jardin!

Have a blessed day-

Nancy

Anne Vis said...

Thanks, Lynda. It actually does work best for near sighted people and also astigmatism is my understanding.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Anne, it's good to know for the future. I'll have to tell my daughter about it.

I hope you continue to see improvement.

Sandy said...

Fascinating ..I could definitely use something like this. And what a gorgeous photo.

Sheryl Karas said...

I think that...no, no, I KNOW...that when I work on the computer too much my eyesight gets a lot worse. I'm convinced that this is related to why so many people need bifocals after they hit 40. When we stare at the screen too long we don't change the focal distance of what we're looking at the way we do when we're out in nature or just sitting in a room. I think taking breaks from the computer at least once an hour to let our eyes look around and readjust is really important now!

Gattina said...

I don't know if I am a special case, but since I work a lot with my computer (at least 6 h per day) my view improved !! I always was very shortsighted, now I had to change my glasses I see better !
I never tried lenses. The idea to have something in my eyes makes me shiver !

nobu said...

I like this colour of the image.
impressive!

Shaune said...

If you don't mind I would like to share my thoughts too. Corneal Molding has been around for a number of years but computers and better lens materials have made it much more predictable. It can correct myopia up to -6.00 and yes, it can correct astigmatism too. It is non surgical and can be done on children, unlike LASIK. The best part is is costs 1/2 of what LASIK does. Good luck and I hope that it is successful for you. Clear View Eye Care

Anne Vis said...

I would like to post an update about my experiences. I must say that it turned out not to work for me, my eyes just did not respond well. I got microcracks in my eyes, which caused a constant redness. Also my vision changed all the time, one day it would be good, the next I would see worse than without lenses. Ophtalmologists warned me about infections too.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Sorry it didn't work for you, Anne. Thanks for the update. You don't want to damage your eyes.