Monday, April 6, 2009

The Great Song

Under the Surface - by Anne VisYesterday Michael Stillwater held an event in Marin, called Chantwave. Michael is a very gifted musician with an incredible voice.
Unlike your average concert, where you just listen, this is a concert where everyone in the room can join in and sing along. The texts are very spiritual and healing.
I found it also very moving, tears just kept flowing!

From the perspective of a musician life is one big song ... The Great Song, singing through and in all of us ... isn't that beautiful?!

I was thinking about how it touched me so deeply yesterday and think it has to do with me being a visual person: auditory is non-dominant in my system and it could work in such a way that music touches more of the unconscious (like smell does for most people too: remember what that scent of freshly baked apple pie does ...?).
Anyway, if you get a chance: check out Michael Stillwater's work, it is truly incredible! :-)

Artwork:
Under the Surface - by Anne Vis

9 comments:

Sheryl Karas said...

You do such beautiful artwork. It's always a delight to check in and see what you've just put up.

Abe Lincoln said...

This is a nice post. I have enjoyed my visit.

Sandy said...

In the past I read all of Alan Cohen's books and he mentioned him many times in his books, although I'm not sure I ever heard him before.

Bob Johnson said...

What a great artist you are, and thanks for the link, and being very musical myself I know exactly what you are talking about, music moves me.

nobu said...

Fantastic!!
I like those image of flower.

Lynda Lehmann said...

I will check him out, Anne. Thanks for the idea.

I'm glad you were so deeply moved. Such feelings awaken and augment our own awareness of our selves.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Anne, I just followed the link and listened to a few clips. I love his sound and will put him on my Amazon wishlist! :)

Natural Moments said...

It's kinda like since we are each vibrating at a unique frequency, we each are transmitting our own personal song. And then, as we begin to accept one another, we begin to harmonize collectively, and we can create and hear a grand and wondrous symphony.

SongNote said...

What a fascinating blog you have! As a songwriter, I particularly enjoyed your thoughts on the power of the song. I look forward to seeing more of your entries :-)