Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Artist's Eye

Imagine ... - by Anne VisI always thought that the expression the "artist's eye" was kind of philosophical. Although every artist would agree that the way you see the world changes after you start working with art.
But I never thought the physical eye of an artist would literally be different!

According to my eye doctor, Dr Larry Jebrock, I have what is called a typical "artist's eye". Where I always thought the eyeball has a convex shape, I discovered that mine is not convex, but has a "wavy" shape. This seems to be very typical for artists.
As mentioned in a previous post, orthokeratology is reshaping the eyeball in order to improve vision. You can imagine that in my case this was quite a job, with the irregular shape of my eye. It took a couple of months, but I now have the lenses for the night that enable me to see both close by and in the distance! :-)

Meantime in San Francisco the Yerba Buena Gardens Festival has started. Thursday night was the start with a fabulous (free) klezmer concert by Kugelplex Klezmer. Also Union Square concerts for the Wednesday evening and Sunday series has started. Summer is here!!! ;-)

Artwork: Imagine ... - by Anne Vis

7 comments:

Abe Lincoln said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate it.

I was an artist most of my life but did lots of other things as well. I wonder what mine are like. Also if you give up being an artist and become a well driller or something, does the eye change?

Anne Vis said...

Thanks, Abe! I think the shape of your eye reflects your inner qualities, which belong to your personality. You would not be the same well driller or whatever, since your personality would make you do it in a different way or have a different perception of the work ...

Petra Voegtle said...

Hi Anne, thanks for leaving the lovely comment on my blog!

Gattina said...

I don't know if my eyes are special, but I am sure I have the artistic eye. Otherwise I couldn't paint and now it also helps me in photography. The musical artists have the ear, the painters eyes and the writers .... cramps !

Joni said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've enjoyed reading yours! Interesting about the artists eye. I wonder if your art will change now after your surgery?

Sandy said...

Artist eye, hadn't heard of it in that way. Beautiful piece of art!!!

Bob Johnson said...

Hey Anne, beautiful image!! Who knew about the artist eye, and it reflecting your inner qualities, very interesting, wonder what I have, all I know is I need glasses.