Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bookstore Temple

Tara - acrylic on canvas by Anne Vis
I seem to become more and more part of the furniture in bookstore Temple in Amsterdam ... :-)
There are so many fun activities and of course I love books, so the environment feels like home. One of the activities involves Tibetan art. There are several classes in painting Buddha. As you can see above, I attended a day workshop yesterday. I found it difficult to get good color transitions and
Knor, having watched me struggle all day, finally lost patience and decided to interfere and walk with her cute "pawsjes" all over ... :-) So now it looks more like a Tara than a Buddha, but oh well ... :-)

Then there are several other healers and readers who offer drop-in sessions, especially in the weekend.
At the moment I personally offer drop-in sessions Reconnective Healing on Tuesday afternoons between 4 and 6. I hope to welcome you there one day! :-)

5 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Lol, Knor paws, you do the most interesting things, never know what I'm going to find here. Love your painting of the Buddha, have become more interested in all types of Buddhas since my China travels.

Susanne49 said...

I love your Goddess also with paws...as a big cat lover I know that "problem" too :)

very nice, I always love your work, Anne!
Susanne

Sue's Daily Photography

Anne Vis said...

Thank you Bob and Susanne for your comments, always appreciated! :-)

I have an update to this post. I just put the newsletter for September for bookstore Temple online:
http://www.temple-online.nl/nieuwsbrieven/2009-1.htm

ruma2008 said...

It is attractive, pretty Buddha.It is attractive, pretty Buddha. I am following some Buddhist images in my blog,too.

Sandy said...

Your work is so appealing to me. I love some of the Asian themes here.

so beautiful.