Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The importance of Angels

Autumn with the Angels - by Anne VisIf I would not read the news I would have no idea that we are in a recession. In the small stretch of the street I live there are at least 6 building projects going on. At 7 AM I wake up at the wonderful sound of jack hammers which during the day gets into a nice symphony with chain saws ... really delightful! :-(
What this proves is that statistics do not apply to everyone. It can also be that you experience positive things during so called times of recession. (of which the above is not an example! :-)))
Maybe your business has a larger profit against all odds. Maybe you are one of those lucky ducks who do not get any flu ... ! :-)

I know that in times of stress I am always grateful for the presence of angels. They let themselves be known in many different ways. One of them is that they oftentimes paint wings in my artworks.

I know I owe a lot to the angels, as they often save me from getting into all sorts of trouble. (that's what you get when you have a
knor as muse! :-))
At the moment I am seeking their advice in yet another sort of building dilemma. I live in a very old house (hence all the building activities here in the street). My neighbors are all smoking and you guess it already: my bedroom smells like a "brown pub" as we say in Dutch, which makes it almost impossible to get any sleep. Anyone who would like to volunteer as angel and offer any advice welcome! :-)

I am already looking forward to
Angel's Day, later this month on the 12th!

4 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

So true! I have a whole pack of them looking after me,lol. Love the image too.

Susanne49 said...

I have a little guardian angel made from soap, yep...soap :) I LOVE him and he was guarding us on our travels in the last 8 months. We made 20'000 miles without ANY accidents, we have seen a lot of this beautiful country and met a lot of good and interesting people - with his help, I'm sure. :)

I love your picture, Anne. It's spectacular beautiful!

We stopped traveling one week ago and are settled down now in Melbourne FL. I will have time again to visit your blog more often and on a regular base :)

Susanne

Joni said...

I know it's hard to ask neighbors to stop doing something or change something....but, maybe in a nice way you could suggest that they have a fan in a window blowing out so when they smoke hopefully the smoke will blow out away from your adjoining wall. Worth a try. I can't stand smelling smoke like that. I'd probably lay there close to a heart attack until I eventually had to say something!

Anne Vis said...

Thanks all for your comments, always appreciated! :-)
Thank you for your advice Joni. I haven't found the source of the smoke yet, it seems like it does not come from where I would expect it to come from, which is the neigbors below me ...