Friday, October 30, 2009

Who is God?

Knor's Magical World - art by Anne VisThere is one statement by Ayn Rand that made a particular impression: Check your premises.

The last couple of months I have been exploring my relationship to God. It started when I followed a thetahealing class and was asked to connect to "Creator". I had an instant aversion to the word and it became the beginning of a search as to who or what God is (again!). Being raised atheist I never related to a religious God, although I've always had a special relationship to Jesus. Also the word "Source" did not quite do it for me. I had an extra session thetahealing to work specifically on this issue, but it just did not work.

I noticed I also had some sort of mistrust, as God would also be the creator of wars and such. I still haven't worked out Byron Katie's view on this, who is always loving and peaceful towards even violence. Is she a dreamer or has she really cracked a code that seems to be out of my grasp?
The God of Neale Donald Walsh is described as the life force itself, more like the morphogenetic field as Rupert Sheldrake has found.
These are all interesting concepts to play with, but are they the answer?

In old Egyptian times, Roman times or today in Hinduism, there are more Gods, not just one. In my experience it makes a tangible difference in daily life to whom or what you connect, even though we all may be "one". It's like the company you choose influences what is happening for you. Could it be that there is a more pure source than our monotheistic "God"? Could it be that it would work better to just call in the quality instead of a deity, like for instance connect to highest love and light?
That is one of things that is so beautiful in Lightbody meditation: you can call in the frequencies you would like to add. After all everything is vibration.

As I was pondering all these questions, my muse
Knor was traveling through the universes, one of the things she can't get enough of ... :-))) And she found herself on a planet where there are multiple suns ... sun as a symbol for God ...

I have a huge sale on all artwork available in my
online gallery. You will not see huge signs, but notice that all prices are considerably lower! Now is the time to get one of the paintings you always liked! :-)

2 comments:

Susanne49 said...

Nice post, Anne! :)
Susanne

and thank you for your comment on my blog :)

Sandy said...

Enjoyed reading you and beautiful image.