Thursday, December 31, 2009

Amreeka

I went to see Amreeka yesterday.
It is always very emotional to me to see the humiliations the Palestinians have to deal with on a daily basis, it really breaks my heart. And then I must say the film was making it as light as one can possibly make this. It is heartwarming to notice how people support each other and stick together in difficult situations, so much love ...

There is an
international protest now at the Egyptian border.
During WWII the Dutch did hardly do anything to stop the atrocities against the jews. Out of guild they now help the israelis in all possible ways, thereby making the same mistake again: not doing anything against the Holocaust repeating itself in Camp Gaza.
And with us the rest of the world ...

I am dreaming of a new world ... In it there is also a state called Palestine, where arabs and jews live ... all in peace and prosperity ...
Happy New Year to all.

2 comments:

Stoneweaver said...

I dream it too. It is so crazy what is going on there. And I am so astonished - you'd think the jewish people would know better than to repeat history this way. remember though that they said there would never be peace in Northern Ireland - and there is now.

Sandy said...

Beautiful image and a beautiful dream, maybe some day.