Thursday, February 4, 2010

How to find the best date for Valentine's Day

Cat calendar - by Anne VisAs usual my muse Knor made me laugh again today.
I honestly wasn't aware that I should be doing something about finding a date for Valentine's Day, but apparently Knor did not agree here: in her own, inimitable way, she found THE opportunity! :-)

I was shopping for groceries in the local supermarket and after I gathered what I wanted to buy, lined up my stuff at the register.
The cashier was not really paying attention, chattering animatedly with passersby and colleagues, in other words too busy to look at what she was doing.
So before I knew it, she had also put cat litter and poached fish for the cat on my grocery bill ...
... (wonder who was responsible for that???) :-)))
Anyway, as the cashier finally noticed what she was doing, she mentioned that I probably would not want to pay for that. But of course knor food and cat litter will be for a cat, right? So I said, well, if I get a personal invitation to meet the cats ... and then turned my head to find that there was a really nice man standing in line behind me... :-) (you see where I had not been paying attention either ... :-)))

Maybe the guy was also somewhere else with his thoughts, as he did not instantly invite me (thereby losing his opportunity to get free fish for his cats!) He did tell me elaborately about his knors though, so that was nice ... :-)

I left with a big grin on my face, enjoying the playful spirit of Knor ...
Certainly way more funny than just bumping into someone with the shopping cart I would say. What do you think?

3 comments:

√ Abraham Lincoln said...

An delightful, ordinary, story of two souls lost at the checkout counter.

Sandy said...

Ha, enjoyed the story, so cute.

Bob Johnson said...

HA , my date is a cat, always been with me through thick and thin.