Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's Love Anyway?

I created new Squidoo lenses today.
My first lens is about inspiring art and has been around for a couple of years.
Today I added a lens on how love is expressed in art.
I imagined it would be easy to find beautiful art on this topic, but with Valentine's Day around the corner, the images do not exceed the simple heart drawings by much. And this topic is of course quite a big one ...
Especially the question of "unconditional love" is an interesting one. I do not like the negative in the "unconditional". It would be more like "real love" or "genuine love" or maybe even "free love", although the last one also has some strange associations ...
Love that just is ...
In reality it is quite a mystery in my view as to why you like/love some people or animals and others you just don't. It seems to be happening in the very first moment and it rarely changes. Even when you start to appreciate and respect someone you did not like to start with, that natural feeling of ease and "unconditional" seems hard to command ... I wonder what your thoughts are on this?


So having started on a quite multifaceted topic, it seems to be even more challenging to find the appropriate art. I find many images of beautiful scenery that are tagged "love". Does that mean that the scenery itself is love? In my view it more reflects the feelings it evokes in the onlooker ...
Wondering why love can be so complicated ...


You'll be happy to find that my other topic is on original art on daily life products, a Zazzle page. I am mainly featuring art by other artists on products. And then just those that in my view enhance the use of the product because of the beautiful art that is on them ... Enjoy! :-)

1 comment:

Sharon Mau said...

Aloha Anne, it is eloquent and quite beautiful your literary work. I wish you a peaceful and productive day.