Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hope

I woke up with a clear image of what should become my next piece of art. It was just there. So, based on this visual, I started working on it. Until it was finished ... and I looked at it and thought ... OMG!!!

While working on it, I had not been aware of the profound symbolism here.
The end of the times as we know it ... the very ominous sky ...

Then the (off)white sails, the sails of hope ... but they are on their way to the next dimension ... out of reach.
The bottle ... a sign of an alcoholic, or is this another symbol of hope?
Yet the bottle is empty ... the life elixir is in the ocean of life ... or is it?

There is a shimmer of pink ... or is it illusion?

The ocean itself is calm ... reflecting the inner peace in outward turmoil ...
At some point it is unavoidable to become a "lover of what is" ... and face the reality instead of hoping for some distant future that may or may not manifest ...
Being an artist is an intersting profession ...

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love this image and for me, well it invokes hope..

Anne Vis said...

Thanks so much, Sandy!