Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How to achieve Justice - Dutch version

Ethics is quite an incomprehensible issue if you look at what is happening in the world around us.
Let me try to crack this one: the Libyan leader Gadhafi is killing the Libyan people on a large scale. The Dutch, who regulate quite a big proportion of Gadhafi's finances apparently (and have had no problem doing so during all the years of oppression of the people) suddenly think they should do something to stop the flow of finances for Gadhafi. Apparently now genocide on the people of Libya is different than genocide on the people of Palestine, where the Dutch politicians in majority are cheering along.
Then one of the largest Dutch banks is now being attacked by what the Dutch media describe as "terrorists" (have you also noticed this seems to be the most popular word used in media?) who are against the large scale transportation through the Netherlands of weapons as well as the weapon production and deliveries to the israelis and other "terrorist states".
Oh yes, by the way: this has NOTHING to do with a new mission to Afghanistan ...

How do you talk to people who only understand one language which is called violence?
I guess my boycott of the bell peppers from the israeli territories in the local supermarket is just one small step ...
Not in my name ...
I haven't quite worked out a large group healing on all of these issues, will let you know if and when I do ... Meantime all individual healing efforts help! :-)

3 comments:

Elton Houck said...

Pardon, but Israel is not a terrorist state. but is a land dedicated and set aside by God.
No, I am not Jewish, but smart enough to believe that when the Lord God All Mighty proclaimes that HE WILL BLESS THOSE THAT BLESS ISRAEL AND CURSE THOSE THAT CURSE ISRAEL,,,well then I listen and obey...Please reconsider your stance, we all need God's blessings.
All my best to you from your friend,
Elton Houck

Anne Vis said...

Hi Elton,
I guess we have to agree here that we disagree ...
Blessings to you!
Anne

Honest Abe Lincoln said...

I am not sure what to say. But I don't like what is going on in the world.