Thursday, May 12, 2011

Behind the scenes ...

Usually I show just the end result of my work, but this time I would like to offer a peek in the kitchen so to speak.
This is one of my Photoshop paintings, which originated from this picture:
As you can see this window model from a fashion store has no color and certainly not a lively expression. I decided to "dress her up" a little ... :-)
To me it is incomprehensible that anyone would want to advertise their clothing in this way and it does not do any justice to the image of a healthy woman in this society. Do we really all want to look like an anorexic?

You can also see that I did not perfectly succeed in dressing the image up to perfection: there are still color differences and other imperfections that give the image a human touch. Also I could not resist to exaggerate here and there ... :-)
Note how adding eyelashes enhances the expression!
Luckily the model does not look like me: if I would apply make-up this way, you would think I had visited a warzone after just 5 minutes of wearing it: red smears all over and after a nice rub in the eyes black smudges to simulate a couple of weeks without sleep ... :-)
Nice to be able to live out the "girly side" on a window model! :-)
I guess this is one of the ways in which creating art feels so healing!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

this is cool - I'm enjoying taking a few minutes to see what you have been up to.

beautiful job on this.

Anne Vis said...

Thank you for your encouraging comment, Sandy! :-)

Charlotte Rossmann said...

Anne,
Impressive work on Photoshop!
Charlotte

Anne Vis said...

Thanks so much, Charlotte! :-)