Sunday, March 18, 2012

Santorum: the Anti-Christ?

Inspiring Quote Cork Coaster - art and text by Anne Vis
Can anybody please explain to me what the difference is between the Taliban and Rick Santorum? And what exactly is "pro-life" about sending young kids to war?
It is almost surreal to watch the corrupt circus of the US "elections" (did anyone mention it is supposedly called "democracy"?)
I was so relieved to watch Anjelica Huston on CNN voicing all the things that have been on my mind for a while. Not only the women's rights, which are rapidly flowing down the drain, but also animals rights. It breaks my heart to see the sweating or freezing horses on the Dam in Amsterdam standing there, day in day out, bored to death and abused by many of the people who run them.
Sometimes I wonder what Jesus would do would he be alive in this day. He did not give me the impression of having an attitude of "holier than thou", but radically threw the merchants out of the temple and in this day probably the Santorum guy as well ... ?
On another note: how do you like the illustration I found for today's post (knowing they usually don't match the text)? I must say that I first had a text of Martin Luther King, but then got an email from Zazzle that the Martin Luther King organization had contacted them for copyright infringement (? you would think they would be pleased that the message is spread, but no ...) So I made up my own text (one can never be sure of course if somebody else also came up with these words, I am obviously not so at home in the world of "quotes"). It is just as example, as I thought it would go well with the design, and the text is customizable. Thank you buyer who bought it "as is", with an original "Anne Vis Quote" ... :-)

No comments: